Monday, July 27, 2009

Twitter is my new notebook


My Little Black Book
Originally uploaded by AndyVortex.com

I've realized a few things over the past few weeks since I've been home from the Netherlands...

One of those things is that I haven't kept a notebook of my thoughts like I did in Europe. I think the reason is that I have easy access to Twitter in the States. When I have a thought, I tweet it.

Granted, there are some things that I don't want the whole world knowing about. Some of the things I write down may never be told to another human being. But I like being able to look back and see what I was thinking about.

That brings me to my second thought: I am fascinated by how people behave and how they interact with one another.

That's why I think, if I go back to grad school, I might do something with psychology and sociology. Then I'll relate all of that to PR, and I'll be UNSTOPPABLE! Haha... that was a joke.

But really, I like to organize my thoughts. Do you?

Whether it's with a little black notebook or with a social network like Twitter is kind of irrelevant. No one way is better than another, so nobody should judge anyone else's way of organizing...

For me, it's kind of a combination of both. For the things I want to share with the world, I tweet. For the things that are intimate and personal, I write them in my little black book. It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment