Friday, August 21, 2009

10 things I appreciate about the U.S.



I realized that I've been talking about how great Europe is and how much the U.S. sucks... and although all of the points I've made have been valid, I really don't hate the States as much as it might seem. SO, here are a few things I really, truly appreciated about being home:





  1. being able to read and understand menus
  2. driving
  3. speaking the same language as the people I come into contact with
  4. my kitties
  5. texting
  6. using regular time (not military AND not having to subtract 7 hours to figure out Iowa time)
  7. going to the grocery store (knowing where things are and that they'll have everything I'm looking for)
  8. not converting to Euros
  9. reading websites in English (it took me to Dutch ones by default)
  10. paying with a credit/debit card (not ALWAYS cash)

No comments:

Post a Comment