Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Census 2010

Sorry for my absence in posts lately...
I've been crazy busy with work and life.

There's been lots going on,
but nothing I've felt compelled to blog about.
Until now.
The 2010 Census.

It's not that the census is the most exciting thing of all time.
It's just that I feel that I'm participating in history or doing my civic duty. The census is only taken once a decade,
and this is my first chance to fill it out.

Last week, we got a letter from the Census Bureau, and I thought it was the actual census.
Nope.
It was a letter warning us that we were going to receive the real deal in a week or so. I was so excited that I warned my roomie to not even THINK about filling out the Census, because I was doing it.

The act of filling out the census wasn't even that exciting... I answered a few basic questions, and I was done.
Whoop-dee-doo... Oh well... civic duty and all that, right?

On a final note, I think the Census 2010 commercials have been very good. I've heard a good one on the radio about towns not having enough teachers and stoplights. I've also seen some good ones on TV. I think they evoke a sense of responsibility... at least they did for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment